The Somerville Mathematics Fund was chartered in September 2000 to celebrate and encourage achievement in mathematics in the city of Somerville, Massachusetts. We are a non-profit, tax-exempt organization run completely by volunteers. Our Board Members include volunteers from Somerville and the Greater Boston Area.
"The Somerville Mathematics Fund Has earned special recognition as a partner of the Somerville Public Schools, and is hereby granted this Certificate of Award for continuous effort to promote excellence in Math achievement by funding teacher-initiated projects that promote instructional innovation and family engagement in math education." signed by the School Committee, April 7, 2008 (Somerville Public Schools) (Click here for the ceremony)
In honor of our 10th anniversary year, we gave Dr. Irving Fradkin an award for his insight and perseverance in founding Dollars for Scholars about 50 years ago. Click here for the presentation. Click here for Dr. Fradkin's comments.
The Somerville Mathematics Fund was the winner of the Dollars for Scholars Golden Tassel Chapter Service Award as the most successful newer Dollars for Scholars chapter in the country in 2003. (More details) In 2011, Somerville Mathematics Fund was the winner of the New England Chapter of the Year Award from the Dollars for Scholars.
News and Upcoming Events
- AmazonSmile donates 0.5% of eligible Amazon.com purchases to the Somerville Mathematics Fund. Click here to make SMF as your choice charity.
- View Erica Voolich discussing SMF on TedTalk.
- Read about our Teacher Grant 2016 winners.
- Photos from the ScrapHeap 2015 is available on our blog click here
- Click here for application information for Student Scholarship 2016. Due April 8, 2016.
- Scholarship Award Winners. Click here